Saturday 10 June 2017

HELLO ROSA!

AFTERNOON FELLAS


I must say I saw something so cute today, it was really sweet. Recently,I moved to a new place and I saw the most amazing thing. Just behind my window I saw some weeds behind the window net. AT first, I seemed unperturbed about it. Later  my sister who was with me told me it was a nest being built by birds and that we needed to remove it permanently else they will form a "community" and their noise in the night would affect our sleep. I wondered what sorts of birds those were. Not long after,I saw two little black birds, with one or two weedy-like stuff held in between their beak. curiously, I watched as they flew to the window side and intertwined it among the weeds they already built and so carefully that  the bottom of these weeds got into the net hole. It was done in such a way that if it rains heavily or heavy wind blows, it can not blow the nest down unless someone pulls them off from the room.
I knew I needed to take the nest down but I was really impressed as they flew down and came back with more weed and the next and the next..before I knew it, it was almost done and the two birds were "conversing" in their tiny voices. I knew they were a couple instantly, I just knew and they were building a nest for their new family. It was the sweetest thing and I didn't wanna pull the nest down.
However, I went to the kitchen and came back to watch them only to found out the nest was pulled down by my sister of course.
I was like "awwwwww."  They will definitely go to another place and rebuild their "home."
God knows how long they 've been building that.


ALRIGHT....

I already have some responses about Debby yesterday, I'm glad some of us saw Yvonne Nelson as being perfect for the character. Lol. I got some calls yesterday and I was really
amused. Some one was like, "Tobi what in God's name is all these?" Well, I replied it's one of the ways I catch my fun because, this is really fun of me and in a day, after uploading something on my blog, I have nothing less than forty views. As long as people are viewing it and they are enjoying it,I am cool.

So, like I said,I will uploading a picture of Rosa today. Hmmmmmm.
Coming up with her picture wasn't really easy and even as I am typing this, I still haven't decided.

Let's discuss her personality..

 In one of the chapters, we were told:
  1. She is either shy or playful
  2. Has pretty eyes.
  3. A worker and a student.
  4. Pretty
What we weren't told  were:
  1. Her age.
  2. Her color
  3. How much she differs from Debby.
So, because of this, I will go back to the chapters update on some of these features ..
Okay,  I just added that she is dark and she couldn't have been more older than Debby.
So, who is this person?

I will upload her picture of when she is just her normal self because very soon, we will have a new Rosa whose beauty will blow FRancis away...Oops! I just gave the surprise away ..well we all knew Francis will still come back.

To all my Wattpad readers, we are still on chapter 12, the power has been pretty bad since yesterday so I couldn't add any chapter. I apologise, I'm sure you understand. 

SO, here comes   Rosa and here comes Chapter 12.





(These are old pictures of Jackie though..we are yet to meet the new Rosa)


Jackie Appiah(ROSA) is shy,pretty, sweet and could be  playful at the same time. Later we will meet the fierce Rosa where all you see is HOT HOT HOT! 😃😃😃😁. We are just starting the novel,it has not even gotten to the interesting part yet.
SOme people are already guessing who Francis is likely to be..I am also guessing..we will find out tomorrow. Looool.

So, the last chapter was about Rosa going to the class..let us start from there.

Enjoy.




CHAPTER 12

"I’ve been buried, but I’m not dead. I’m not dead..no ,no, not yet. I can’t breathe. What is that sound? Is someone here? No, it’s me, crying and using precious air..
Tremor shakes my entire body, but the box I’m in does not shift at all.
I must be in the vault, held in place by solid stone. Beneath the house. I could feel the dead bodies pressing around me. The bodies of my friends.
Panic claws at me. But I cannot succumb to it; I must not faint right now..no no..I have to be awake..”

Rosa pressed a hand to her throat as Nema continued reading from her script. It was as if she was in the vault with the narrator. Her chest was rising and falling and the whole class was as quiet as a graveyard

….Cold fingers of horror squeezed my heart as I heard a movement from outside the coffin. Each inhalation was a sniffle, each exhalation a shudder. My fingernails pressed into my palms and the pain of it was a proof that I was still alive or near to being alive. I couldn’t turn or move an inch. The bogeyman must not know that I am still alive.
I listened. There was yet the sound of another step. This time, it was closer than the first.  Then another…”

“You are scared already”

A voice said beside her startling her, she whimpered. Placing a hand on her chest.

“I believe everyone in the class is scared” She replied quietly. Her attention still on the reader.

The intruder chuckled. “Take a look at Madame Lydia”
Rosa looked towards where the lecturer sat and she almost burst into laughter. The woman was sitting uprightly in her chair, wide eyed and looking as if she was seeing the bogeyman in front of her. Every word from Nema made her jump.

“I am Luke .“

Rosa turned to take the first look at her seat mate and she flushed. He was certainly the finest man she had ever seen. Fairly,built, fair complextion, in a blue Jersey shirt, hair plaited in an all-back corn row. Pointed nose, are those dimples?

“Hello, I’m Rosa” she replied shylily.

He smiled, deepening his dimples. Rosa quickly looked away, she was getting uncomfortable. Just then, the whole class stood up and began to clap. She also did, and then she realized Nema was through narrating.
Madame Lydia walked to the front of the class, placing her hand on her chest while they all sat down.

“That was the best narrative, I’ve heard this week people. Did you hear everything she said? Did you see how she placed the words under her command And used them like she wanted. Did you see how she created fear in all our minds..? This is what a good writer does. Words are your servants. They do your bidding”

“How does she do that?” Rosa asked quietly,  more to herself.

“She is good.”Luke replied.

“She is very good. I feel so intimidated”
Luke stifled. “Come on, you don’t have to be”

“Especially since I am the next to narrate “
Luke’s brows were raised up. “I’m sure you have a good story there”
Rosa rolled her eyes.“Yea, right.”

Luke suppressed another laughter and they both paid attention to Madame 
Lydia.

“..Nema, you have impressed me. I personally will give you an award once you are through with the book,. Come give me a hug baby girl”
Rosa grimaced as Nema hugged Madame Lydia, her small body  looked even smaller in Madame Lydia’s fat body.

“Okay,please applaud her as she moved to her seat..”
There was another round of clapping as Nema walked back to her seat.

“That is one  girl on her way to stardom. I don’t expect anything less from the next person that will be coming here” Madame Lydia announced proudly.
Rosa exhaled sharply, she was getting more and more nervous.

“I hate that girl.” She snorted but could hear Luke stifling a laughter.
The class was quiet again as the lecturer went to her laptop on her desk to call out the next name.

“Rosalyn Benson.” She called out.
Rosa’s heart sank as she heard her name. Raising her hand up, she stood up as she felt all eyes on her.

“Come on girl, I hope you are giving me what I want. Applaud her please.”
Rosa swallowed as the class started applauding her. Hmm, how nice!  She took the script that was before her desk n and she stood up, just as she was about to turn, someone pulled her back. It was Luke.

“Believe in yourself okay? Don’t let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.”
She smiled. That actually calmed her shaking nerves a little bit. She nodded and advanced to the front of the class.
She felt all eyes on her and she prayed in her mind  not to trip and fall flat on her face. She swallowed again as she opened the script and climbed on the podium. She opened her script.

“The title is What…er….when a woman wants..”

“Excuse me? Can you be specific?”Said Madame
Great.

“When a woman wants.” She replied, nervously.

“Alright, we are all ears to know when we women want..”
There was a chuckle from the class but she ignored it.
She shut her eyes, swallowed, opened her eyes and read from the first line:

“The alarm from my phone kicked me out of my dream world back to the real world. I really hate that phone……..”
She kept on reading, trying to make the words come to live.  Changing her pitches as she read the dialogue between her characters. Jordan and Nancy. There were several modifications as pertaining to the real story. She had no time to think as she read all the four chapters, she could care less of what they think.

 She was already at the last line of chapter four.

There were tears in her eyes as he embraced her, in my mind I knew it was nothing but another charade. “I will miss you love,” She cried, he said nothing and gave a weak smile, before kissing her on the cheek.  He pulled away as it was time for his flight, probably it was my thought or my imagination, but I felt our gaze locked slightly and something caught in my throat. He nodded at me and I primed my lips as I nodded back, rubbing my shoulders with my hands. We watched as he walked away with his bags, I felt a pang of sadness down in my belly but I wasn’t surprised when I felt her exhaled. I knew he was relieved he was going. If she was relieved, why do I feel so sad?”

Afraid of looking up, she closed the script, unable to meet Madame Lydia’s face, there was a murmur within the class.

“What did you call the title again?” She queered.

“When a woman wants..” Rosa replied faintly.
“Okay, may I know the whole concept of the novel?”
 somebody should just shoot her right here right now!

“Well..er..I..urm” She stammered, then stopped. “I just feel there is a reason behind every infidelity and I want to write about it”
The lecturer stared at her with frowns jostled together. “Okay. And… ?”

What is this woman’s problem? She has been having a writer’s block for a while and she ‘s just writing what comes to her day by day . must there be a stupid concept. Cant you just go on with it! She thought all these in her head. She knew she needed to give an answer, but she couldn’t tell them it was a true story.

“I think the lady is on her way to find out what the concept is all about. She wants to write about infidelity like she said. That is the general theme.”
Rosa glanced around to see who rescued her. Way to go Luke!

“ We see the want of money and fame by a woman who entirely depends on a man to provide for her. You can also see that the narrator, who is the maid in the novel, is having some feelings for Jordan although that has really been subtle enough. We are really not sure about that since the man is said to be going on a journey. Now we can see the theme of love also, perhaps unrequited. Right Rosa?”

For a while, she has totally forgotten this was all about her, Luke had carried the whole class along and now..hold on..what did he just say? Feelings for Who? Francis or for the sake of this novel, Jordan? Hell no!

“About that…I don’t think….” She started but was interrupted by Madame Lydia.

“Yeah, I guess you are right Luke. That is one fine twist in the novel and I like it. However, we cannot be sure if it’s a reciprocated love unless he comes back , right Rosa?”


All eyes were on her again. She nodded slightly.

“Now, it’s kinda boring at the start but you are getting there. Make sure you build the story very well, add suspense, make us drool for more.I love the love twist you are adding, make sure you build it perfectly.  Now,off you go. See you next month and be sure to have lots to write about.”

Rosa, picked her script and was already walking by her seat. What has she gotten into herself into! Just then she heard the applause. They applauded her. She was surprised and she smiled as she walked back to sit beside Luke who wouldn’t stop grinning at her.

“Thanks for the rescue Luke.” She said almost in a whisper to her.
He feigned surprise. His brows, bumping together, “I really have no idea of what you are talking about.”
She eyed him as she replied. “Yea, right”
He laughed, and gave a cocky wink. “You are Welcome.”

"By the way, would you take lunch with me after the class?"

Rosa smiled. She had expected that.

"On one condition." She replied.

His eyes glistened in curiosity. "Shoot"

"How conversant are you with what is happening around you?"

"I don't understand."

"Do you know Frannicky is coming to the country?"

He laughed. "You have a business with him?"

She ignored him. "There goes your lunch."

"ALright, alrighty. Everyone knows that. It's like a king is coming . I really don't understand why so much Frenzy about him. But yeah, he is coming and I get a little bird who told me he will be coming in the next couple of weeks"

She raised a brow. "Wow! Sooner than I thought." SHe said to herself then faced him. "Okay handsome. You get to have a lunch with me."

He grinned beautifully. "Smooth."



This was a picture in chapter 7 when she spoke to Francis for the first time and Debby was not around. When everything was awkward and awkward and AWKWARD.....before they started to get along.
Once we have all their pictures, we can imagine as we read along, it s gonna be as if we are watching a movie.....
Also. I will be posting short video clips that will match the description in the novel..just saying though....still want to get the pictures ready first☺☺☺☺☺☺☺. Thanks for reading. 



I hope you are getting excited already, if so, kindly comment so I can update the rest. I anticipate your comments. It will really encourage me. if you are on wattpad please click on this link and put your votes and comments,if you are using an android phone, kindly search for Wattpad on the Playstore and register,find me "T.crystal,"  follow me and I follow back, vote and comment. See, its quite simple. Tell your friends that are complaining of boredom especially on the internet. Kindly share the link with them.
Do have a fantastic day!

 Thanks alot. kisses.💋💋💋 ☺☺✌😁




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your imagery . thanks for the post

Tobi Loba said...

Thanks Henry.Appreciate.

THIS IS HOW IT ENDS

  EPILOGUE “Careful Frank, if you break that medal, mummy would spank you” Shouted Francis to his two years old boy who was ...